Brand: Vital Essentials
Company: Carnivore Meat Company, LLC
Products being recalled:
Vital Essentials Frozen Beef Tripe Patties
Vital Essentials Frozen Beef Tripe Nibblets
Carnivore Meat Company, LLC is recalling select products and lots of Carnivore Vital Essentials pet foods because they may be contaminated with Listeria Monocytogenes.
Tainted Batch Details:
The recall includes the following products.
|Product Description||UPC||Lot #||Use By|
|Vital Essentials Frozen Beef Tripe Patties||33211 00809||10930||10-02-2016|
|Vital Essentials Frozen Beef Tripe Nibblets||133211 00904||10719||12-02-2015|
Tainted batch was distributed to:
- WA, CA, TX, GA, IL, CO, NM, FL, PA, RI, OH and VT.
Some Recommended Actions
Below are just some recommended actions that you may want to take if you believe that your dog has consumed the tainted batch. As with all content this website, we remind you to please use this information at your own risk. You may also want to consider other actions and options beyond what is listed:
- Discontinue use immediately
- Check your dog for symptoms of consuming Listeria monocytogenes
- Call veterinarian to check any dogs that may have consumed it
- Return to the store where they purchased it and submit the Product Recall Claim Form available on the Bravo website www.bravopetfoods.com for a full refund or store credit
- Notify the company
Please see FDA website for more details on this recall. Note: After a certain duration the recall may not available on their website anymore.
Listeria monocytogenes is a potent and deadly bacterium.
Symptoms due to consumption may include: It can grow and reproduce inside the host’s cells and is one of the most virulent food-borne pathogens, with 20 to 30 percent of clinical infections resulting in death. short-term symptoms
- high fever
- severe headache
- abdominal pain and diarrhea